Our Birthday Weekend
For those of you who don't already know, Jacob and I don't just have birthdays. We have birthday weekends. My birthday is on the 29th of May and his is the 30th. This year we started out our birthday weekend with a little help from my mom's birthday money, and we got season passes to...
Can you guess?

Sea World! I had never been. It was so much fun! Since we got passes and it was 100 degrees on Saturday, we decided that half a day there was enough to start w
ith. We went on one ride and saw three shows. The first show was extreme wake boarders and water skiers. They did all kinds of flips and tricks. They even dragged a skier off they stage and then he stood up bare foot on the water. The boat then continued to pull him around the lake at about 30mph. Ouch! After the ski show we went on a ride called the Atlantis. It was a boat ride that had a little track but the main objective was to have you plummet to the water splashing you and everyone around you. With the long line and hot sun, we were ready to
get wet but to our disappointment we only got a little wet since we were in the middle. The next show we went to was the main event and I was sure we would get wet there. It was my first time seeing a killer whale up close! We made sure our seats were low enough in the slash zone to assure close views and refreshing waters. I never thought about how beautiful the creatures really are until they were basically standing in front of me.


We were lucky enough to also get to see the new baby whale. It was so cute as it also tried to do the same tricks as the grown up whales.


The whales went around using their tale to splash water up to the crowds. Turns out that as they do this trick they tend to splash sideways away from the center...where we were. Well, we got a picture of people enjoying the fresh cool water of Shamu's tank. This
was our second show and we were still dry. Maybe the third show will do the trick. I thought the show was great and look forward to seeing more of these famous shows with Shamu and baby.
Oh, fun fact... How long is a momma whale pregnant?
Answer, 17 months! I can't imagine.
Before our finale show, we had a little time and went to feed dolphins. How cool is that! I still can't say I've ever swam with a dolphin but now I can say that I've fed and touch one.


There were two different kinds of dolpins, Pacific and Atlantic. The Pacific are a darker gray and the Atlantic are the silver ones. Our favorite were the Atlantic. The
silver color is just so pretty aginst the blue water. As we fed them they let us quickly touch their noses. I had no idea as to what they would feel like but for some reason I was still surprised. They were very very smooth and leathery.
Our last show for the day was absolutely worth it! It was the Azul show and I've never seen anything like it. I guess I would compare it to a water Cirque du Soleil. I've never actually seen Cirque du Soleil, but based off the commercials they were similar with lots of acrobatics and flipping through the air. Before the show had even started, it had started. I know that doesn't make sense. Let me explain. One of the main characters was a goofy looking guy doing slapstick comedy out in the crowd. I didn't pay much attention to him until the music started and he walked up onto a platform
that was at the edge of the tank. Then a trainer came out riding on the nose of a beluga whale! 
They were followed by synchronized swimmers, divers, dolphins, and even birds. I didn't take too many pictures because I was amazed at the edge of my seat.
After 5 hours, sore feet, and sunburns we were done and ready for dinner. Jacob's gift for me was taking me to The Cheesecake Factory where we stuffed ourselves full of great food and called it a night.
But remember this is a weekend event not just a day. Sunday, on my actual birthday, I got yummy whipped cream and waffles for breakfast in bed from Jake (I have the best husband in the world!) and then we had a fun time eating dinner and playing games with Jake's family. Monday, on Jake's birthday and Memorial Day, we enjoyed a barbecue and games with our friends. It was a fun and relaxing weekend. Thank you to all our friends and family who helped make it great!
Looks like so much fun! I didn't realize that you had never been! I still owe you a car package don't I??! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete